Other Pages

Monday 24 October 2022

The power of music

I have been a musician for as long as I can remember and my daughter - a rather clever scientist with a PhD - is also a fine vocalist. She has done her share of cathedral singing (sometimes with me) and choral work at university. (It is good to pass things on for others to carry the baton as it were.)

Quite a few years ago, even before she was an undergraduate, I accompanied her for her DipABRSM exam. One of the songs was "O Mio Babbino Caro". I have just come across this in a most unusual way. From this video I was able to find Jessica Norton (below) and I was moved to tears when I heard the song again.

It is not that I particularly love the song but I do love my daughter and the memories came flooding back.

No comments:

Post a Comment