Other Pages

Friday 6 January 2023

UK's first non-binary priest

This story (UKs first non-binary priest) cropped up on Ancient Briton.

It would take too long to explain how I feel about it. I do know, however, that views of sexual orientation change with time and I for one feel that Alan Turin was treated appallingly (by society) in the 1950s. It would not happen now: I am glad that people these days are are more englightened. Indeed it seems that one can only get anywhere these days (particularly on the stand-up comedy circuit) if one is a member of the LGBTQ+ community. So I feel that society has far too relaxed a view of these issues and the church struggles to keep up and make sense of it all.

It will not be long before the C of E has many such clergy and - I expect - it already does have a large sprinking of non-heterosexual priests.

On balance, it is better for it to be out in the open than underground. One comment on Ancient Briton says - "The sickness continues to spread". Yet, if you love somebody, you love them as they are.

It can make some of feel uncomfortable at times. I will leave it there.


No comments:

Post a Comment