Other Pages

Tuesday 5 February 2019

Age

Over at Tregar Vean the problems of ageing are mentioned. As I am now into my 60th year I have to say I am finding that my body and mind are changing. Here are a few changes.
  1. As a youth I would not pass up a chance to go bell-ringing but I would much rather stay in the warm these days. This may improve in the summer.
  2. My fingers are starting to get stiff and I cannot play fast pieces as well (not that I ever did do keyboard 'fireworks'). On Sunday it was so cold in church it was all I could do to play the hymns for the school service.
  3. I am starting to worry about my legs. I forecast an issue with varicose veins in the not too distant future. I have to make sure I do not eat food too late before I go to be.
  4. Once an 'owl' I now go to bed at 0930pm and listen to the radio to unwind. If I stay up too late I am irritable the next day (or two)
  5. On the other hand, I am far more patient as a teacher than I used to be. I take the view that shit is always going to happen so one may as well weather the storm.
  6. My eyes are not as good as they were, although my optician is very happy with them (oddly)
  7. I have various aches and pains which come and go.
  8. I get lonely (I live alone)
  9. I never remember good things I have done: I easily recall (and they pop into my head) embarrassing things I would rather forget!
  10. I want to retire soon but I fear I shall be bored.

No comments:

Post a Comment