Other Pages

Monday 25 March 2019

Bad ringing

I have been getting fed with bell ringing for a while now - as my 1 regular reader will know. One of the main reasons is that standards seem static. Also...
  • These days people do not expect to do any work between ringing practices.
  • Nobody seems willing to advise others how to improve their ringing ("Your backstroke lead needs to be closer") so standards stay the same.
  • We ring the same boring methods.
In short I am jaded. I am getting older and in the remaining ringing years I have left I should like to ring some new things. I am perfectly happy to help learners but there has to be something to keep ringers at my level interested. Another local tower is at a standard way beyond mine and I do not see the need to learn methods on 10.

I am starting to look at the adjacent branches and guilds.

No comments:

Post a Comment