Other Pages

Saturday 9 March 2019

Ignored again

I have blogged before about the way people seem to treat me in social occasions.

This evening it happened again. What a waste of my time!

I had gone out to ring church bells prior to a branch meal which had to be pre-booked. The ringing was OK and we went to the pub.

As I was on my own I waited to be seated so that couples could sit together; I took a seat near two people I know. Once seated the starters were brought out for those who had ordered them - some of us had not. While people were eating I tried to strike up a conversation with three people: this lasted 15 seconds and then I was ignored.

Eventually the mains came and I had decided to leave once I had finished mine as I did not order a dessert. So from arrival at the pub to me completing my meal was a whole hour. At that point the chap on my left did strike up a conversation, but why did he wait an hour to do so?

Anyway, I made a few comments out of politeness and left.

As it is I dislike eating too late as I often t do not sleep well after a late meal. I shall not go again.

I did not enjoy the evening and the food was over-priced. £13.00 for a Steak and Ale Pie - RIP OFF

No comments:

Post a Comment