Other Pages

Friday 17 July 2020

No emails

I broke with my normal pattern today which has been to spend time on the computer whilst I drink my post-breakfast cup of tea. I then tend to stay on the PC until coffee time (10:45) after which I get dressed. This decadent behaviour all started in lockdown.

Yesterday I looked up the weather forecast and decided I would go to Whittlesey Cemetery to take more photographs of the next area of the cemetery on my plan: I have done all the 'old section'.

I set the alarm for 07:05, got up, dressed, made a packed lunch and flask of coffee and was in the car at 08:00 for an hour's drive. I was taking photos by 09:03 and it started to get quite hot. I left at 11:00 and was home by 12:00. All in all a good morning out which I needed.

I ate my packed lunch at home and turned on the PC. No emails, no Facebook messages. I was expecting a few replies to queries I had sent out. Nada, zero, none.

People do not seem to want me unless I can do a job for them. Thus I had an email yesterday suggesting that I crack on with plans for the school play music. It was nicely phrased and not unexpected but I do not get many "How are you?" emails.

Perhaps I am just a boring person.

No comments:

Post a Comment