Other Pages

Friday 27 April 2018

MRI scan done

So, I had the required MRI scan today. I arrived at 10.10 and booked in. I was told my scan was at 10.40 (probably because I had to have an injection first) but they were running half an hour late. Anyway I changed and was shown to a chair in a drafty corridor. Having said that, the last time I had an MRI it was out in a 'mobile' facility in the car park and the changing arrangement were poor to say the least.

I waited ages and then the staff realised they had better offer me some explanation; I kept calm as it was not their fault. Then they suggested I come back another day as they were unable to get hold of a doctor to give me the injection. I pointed out that the scan was vital for my surgery on Tuesday 1st May.

I waited some more and a guy came to do the honours. I waited 10-15 minutes for the jab to take effect then went through and had the scan which seemed to last a long time. It was quite comfortable in the machine so I think I dozed off! I didn't have any headphone music on (I was asked) but was alone with my thoughts so I went through a course of Beverley in my head. After that I tried to pick out the harmonics in the loud buzzing sound from the machine.

I drove back to school, ate a sandwich I had bought on the way and had a normal afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment