Other Pages

Thursday 12 May 2022

Virtual Vespers

Hot on the heels of my post Time for God I have discovered Virtual Vespers which is an oasis of calm in my life. This is an initiative from James Flores on his channel.

For me, these videos 'hit the spot' and it must be that organ music speaks to me of the Divine as much as the spoken word: the mix of the two is well-judged. Also, I am discovering attractive new organ repertoire which I may actually be able to play even with my fingers starting to show signs of arthritis.

I also quite like the MP3s from Pray as you go which I linked to the other day but they keep telling me my browser it out of date, no matter which browser I use.

Once again, I think I enjoy these types of media because they get on with the job in hand - worship and meditation - without the chatty "let's all be friends" emphasis I find in church these days when real spirituality and single-mindedness gets pushed aside.

If the church wants to encourage people to spend quality time with God then services need to ignore the world outside (notices, announcements and meaningless long sermons) and get on with reaching the inner core of peoples' souls.

No comments:

Post a Comment