Other Pages

Tuesday 26 November 2019

Fed up

This has been another of those days when I wonder, "What is the point?" I shall not write about work issues here, but my job does not seem to get any easier. I had expected that I would get progressively better at my job with time. As I approach retirement I seem to be getting progressively worse at it! Perhaps the world has simply changed and I am past my 'sell-by' date.

The other thing about which I am disappointed is that I wrote a piece of church music some time ago and dedicated it to my late organ teacher. Next year will be 20 years since he died in tragic circumstances, far too early. I felt it would be a nice gesture (not for me but for his widow) were my music to be performed again in the cathedral where it has already been performed in the past, to mark the 20 years.

I emailed the relevant person and was told it would be discussed at half term. We are quite a way past half term and I have not heard anything. I shall not chase it again but I do hope they get in touch eventually.

P.S. Was glad, just now, to find a reply to another post from Laura, which was nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment