Other Pages

Saturday 30 November 2019

Society is in a poor way

There is a lot wrong with society at present IMHO. "I'm a Celebrity, get me out of here" is a show set in Australia in which famous English people go to a jungle and are voted - by the public - to undertake humiliating and unpleasant tasks involving creatures of all sorts, often in their hundreds (ants, rats etc.). They may also have the eat really weird 'food' in order to win proper food treats for their camp mates.

Who ever thought this was a good idea?

Don't even get me started on Naked Attraction. Was it thought up by somebody with no brain?

People these days seems to have stupid ideas such as "Let's give every child an iPad". Too many youngsters devote too much of their lives to screen time. Children do not seem to have hobbies any more. Trains sets, stamp collecting, model racing cars, carpentry, model making - gosh I sound like a dinosaur! It is getting harder to recruit choristers, bellringers, musicians (note that I am can only talk from my experience) but I guess that children find other ways of filling their time at some martial arts dōjō or other.

The biggest failure of society is to stop children being children. They no longer think for themselves because they cannot do so; they never have to do so, it seems to me.

The school run. Never in my day. I was only driven to school three times in all my years from Infants' to secondary school.

You reap what you sow! That's all I am saying.

1 comment:

  1. I quite agree. Most reality TV is cringfully moronic. I am quite alarmed by how society seems to be being dumbed down on every level.

    ReplyDelete