Other Pages

Friday 2 December 2022

Religion and brain wiring

Religion is all very well and I have spent my life in and around churches. Where it all goes wrong for me is that it is a 'one size fits all' concept. "Take your problems to the altar in prayer" and all that.

The idea that we are all imperfect (sinners) and probably going to hell - thus we are in need of a saviour - tells us that the cards are stacked against us to start with. Supposedly it was Adam and Eve who let evil into the world ('Since by Adam came death') but as I do not actually believe in Adam (and who exactly was there to record the conversation between Eve and the Serpent?) it does not follow that Adam is the cause of all our woes.

For those people whose minds are not 'wired up' correctly - for whatever medical reason - I do not see how religion is going to help. (Yes, I know I have posted on this before: I'm just having a hard time at present)

No comments:

Post a Comment