Other Pages

Monday 28 May 2018

Progress and problems

As these blog posts are intended for anyone facing a glansectomy I felt it appropriate to show an image of the area of my leg from where the skin graft was taken. This was taken, at home, on the 17th May - my operation was on 1st. Thus I no longer had need of dressings, and healing was going well. The size of this is 4.5 cm x 9cm.

As I write on 28th May I have to say that I need to conatct the hospital tomorrow as the actual graft, which replaced my glans, has not been 100% successful. (My actual follow-up appointment is not for two weeks) I could see patches of darkened flesh when I left hospital and these eventually shrivelled up and peeled away. Underneath is a area covered with a yellow 'pus' like substance; it is not bleeding. I can see where the edge of the graft has taken but I do not think the flesh will grow back where it has come away. I am talking of an area the size of a 5p piece.

This is all rather annoying but was always possible. I just hope they don't have to repeat the whole operation. I will let you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment