Other Pages

Thursday 24 October 2019

Do I have any friends?

I have one significant person in my life - this person make my life worth living. Other than that I appear to have few friends - it seems.

I suppose it depends on the definition of a friend. I can absolutely confirm that I know several people who have been extremely helpful over the last few years by taking me to hospital (and home again). I also have a musical friend who I can call on: she and her husband would do all they can to help me.

I was touched by the 2 visitors from work who came to see me in hospital, last May, and grateful to the chap who travelled 45 miles to see me. I phone him occasionally and we know we go back a long way and how we are linked.

I have some friends on Facebook although I am not on there to create a long list - I have about 15.

What I mean is that I seldom seem to get any emails, texts phone calls or letters from anyone. Even my eldest daughter only gets in touch once in a blue moon: she is very busy, I get that.

Have I phoned, emailed, texted or written to anybody myself? Well, no. So is this apparent lack of friends just a symptom of the way we live our lives these days? Maybe it is.

My main hobby is bellringing but I only hear from people if they want something. "Can you ring for a wedding?" After 46 years of bellringing you'd think I would have a few friends in the field. I don't seem to. If one rings a lot of peals (not that I want to) one gets requests to join in. At local Branch level there are monthly meetings but nobody ever talk to me for more than a minute.

I think I project a "stay away" message to which I have alluded before. Even this blog has few readers; I never get any comments.


I cannot imagine my funeral will be very well attended.

No comments:

Post a Comment