Other Pages

Sunday 4 December 2022

Saturday and Sunday

I happened to go to a branch ringing meeting yesterday (not my branch) which - as usual - started late (this time due to a partial 'lockout') and at which there was much chatter and not as much ringing as there could have been. I popped along to the next tower, where there was tea and cake, but didn't stop for the ringing as I was getting bored. The gap between the 2 towers is too long IMHO. I needed to get home and cook and hadn't actually planned to go to tower 2.

It made a pleasant change for someone actually to engage me in conversation and also to have a brief chat with 2 other people: this does not happen in my branch. I do not think my branch have even noticed I have stopped going.

I arrived at church today for the 0930 service and the bells were ringing. They had taken (oddly) to ringing from 0830 - 0900 because some ringers wanted to get on with other things on Sundays! Annoyingly, they did not stop ringing until one minute before the service and I was not going to compete with the bells by playing pre-service music. Grrr!

No comments:

Post a Comment