Other Pages

Saturday 25 June 2022

Called upon

I am getting called upon to play for quite a lot of services this year. This afternoon I am driving some 23 miles to play for a renewal of wedding vows. There are three hymns and the entrance and exit music is provided by a CD. I have to say the fee is quite large but it was fixed by the church and they even asked if I needed more!

I do worry about driving a long distance, not because of the driving but in case the car gives up and I do not arrive. There - I have jinxed this afternoon already.

I have no idea how many people will be there; I guess it is just close family. I also assume this couple are getting on in years and perhaps this is a milestone anniversary for them.

If they have the bells I shall not go up and ring because they are rather heavy. I went there some 55 years ago but I think they have been rehung since then!

No comments:

Post a Comment