Other Pages

Wednesday 1 June 2022

Different organs

Today I am trying out 2 organs. One is in a church where I am filling in for a few weeks until August (not every week) and is 17 miles away from me. It is a nice 2-manual extension organ with a pleasant touch. The stop tabs are arranged in a non-standard order in that the pedal stop tabs are in the middle:; the Swell are on the left and Great on the right.

I am writing this before going out to church #2 which is 17 miles in another direction: I don't usually give places but it is, in fact, at Cold Ashby. It is a small 1-manual organ with very few stops. Essentially they just want hymns for the funeral. Three are sung and there is one each for the entrance and exit.

I have been warned that the organ is not played much and could well be dusty!

No comments:

Post a Comment