Other Pages

Thursday 14 June 2018

Consultation and Insurance Claim

I went to Leicester Hospital for a follow up consultation today. Most of the skin graft has grown back over the area of my glans from which the original graft shrivelled up after a haematoma. I had some questions I wanted to ask and was expecting to be told I ought to have a further Dynamic Sentinel Node Biopsy investigation, as check.

As it turns out, my consultant was away giving a lecture somewhere so I saw a locum consultant. He was an extremely pleasant chap and told me what I nice tie I was wearing. Sadly he knew very little about my case and opened with "You've had an MRI". I explained that the MRI was days prior to my glansectomy. He checked that it looked OK and sent me on my way.

Next appointment is in September.

Also I have claimed on my Critical Health Insurance policy. There is not long for the policy to run so whatever I receive will be a small sum I expect. However, the consultant has not sent back the paperwork to the company so I phoned his secretary to find out why. Apparently my notes keep moving around the hospital and do not stay in one place long enough to allow the consultant time to complete the forms.

No comments:

Post a Comment