Other Pages

Sunday 17 June 2018

Fathers' Day

First of all I note that Google and Wikipedia have Father's Day - but I wonder if it should be Fathers' Day. Who cares, these days, when spelling on the internet is so dreadful?

I got up at 0635, was at work by 0755 and home again at 1402. I had a friend for lunch (which I'd put in the slow cooker). We washed up - I cut the lawn, watched some TV and had a snooze as I still get very tired in the afternoons.

My eldest daughter had sent me a Fathers' Day card and a present from Amazon which arrived last week: I opened them last week too. At 1931 I had a text to say she hoped I had had a good day. She has been travelling back form Kefalonia today where she had been with friends. She has had a very hard time this year what with one thing and another.

I had hoped she might phone me; I do not feel I can phone her a she will be tired. My younger daughter still lives with her mother from whom I am separated. We do not talk.

I am 60 in November. I don't feel I am any darn use to anybody. Nobody seems to listen to my opinions. What's the point of life?

No comments:

Post a Comment