Other Pages

Sunday 20 November 2022

Sunday confusion

I was sorry for the vicar today who had really wanted to focus on Christ the King being the theme of the day: indeed the hymns were suitable for that.

However, she had to preach a sermon on Safeguarding because somebody had decided that today is Safeguarding Sunday. I cannot find anything about it on the C of E website (lots about safeguarding itself, obviously).

 


Who are these people who came up in the search? I imagine each diocese has its own materials as Leicester does. It was there that I found an answer to my previous question which is...

Safeguarding Sunday is an annual awareness-raising campaign coordinated by the charity Thirtyone:eight to give churches an opportunity to show their communities that they take their safeguarding responsibility seriously and to explore together as a church what safer places look like.

No comments:

Post a Comment