Other Pages

Thursday 3 November 2022

The Bishop of Oxford

The Bishop of Oxford has said that the church should marry gay couples. The issue does not worry me. I have known and worked with a variety of people with - let's say - differing sexual orientations. Most of these have been decent human beings who just want to get on with their lives. (I do not care for extremely rampant 'campness' such as we see on TV but I'm not getting into that here)

The problem the church has is Saint Paul and his teachings.

I've never liked St. Paul ever since I had his letter to the Romans as a set book for Divinity 'A' level (that's R.E. to you). What is more, I think the church has - over the years - based much of its teaching on St. Paul rather than that of Jesus. I am not particularly aware of what St Peter stood for. Surely he was the rock upon which the church was built.

There were similar problems 40 years ago (and still are in some places) over the church marrying divorced people.

The poor of C of E: it cannot make up its mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment