Other Pages

Tuesday 31 May 2022

Organ bench comfort

During my organ playing career I have usually found that wooden organ benches are, well, wooden and smooth. Occasionally I have seen examples which have fixed padding and I have not enjoyed playing these because the friction between trousers and padding makes it difficult to move about - not that one does so a great deal but even necessary slight rotation is compromised.

Now that I am over 60 and I have had to lose weight for medical reasons, the fat has vanished from my backside and I cannot sit on an organ bench for very long before I experience pain and discomfort.

So I have taken to using a cushion at home, on my digital organ, which is not fixed to the bench and I will need to invest in a cushion I can take around with me when I visit elsewhere. So the bench below would probably be OK



No comments:

Post a Comment