Other Pages

Sunday 21 August 2022

It didn't stick

Yesterday

I got through the wedding yesterday and the organ did not play up. I am glad I went to do some practice as working on my home digital organ can give me a false sense of security.

The couple brought their dog to the service which barked in a few amusing places. The choir was made up of singers from nearby church. They had taken their places by the time the vicar did the pre-service announcements. Of course, one of the them left their phone on which rang just before the service.

I didn't realise it was 'a thing' to wear brown shoes with a black suit, as the groom did. My father would have been disgusted.

Today

I played for two services today. I heard the same readings and heard two different sermons about the same reading from Luke.

I have an Evensong to play for later and I am quite tired today so this post is not very long.


No comments:

Post a Comment