Other Pages

Thursday 4 August 2022

Single Sex Marriage

Honestly, all this LGBTQ+ stuff annoys me - on one level. If my father were still alive he would simply not be able to believe it. What has prompted this post is the Lambeth Conference and a letter which appeared on Facebook which I will not put here: the issue of single-sex marriage is very divisive. Even before the conference there was fury!

On another level I can see that sexual preferences (i.e. other than Hetero) have been about for a long time. As a boy I enjoyed "Round the Horne" although I was far too young to understand all the innuendo in the Julian and Sandy sketches.

It is also shameful that Alan Turing experienced so much trouble concerning his preferences after all he did for the country.

One Facebook comment was this:

The Clergy have done many horrendous things in the past to ordinary people and will continue to do so whilst they openly recruit such people into their midst.

Another pointed to

the inability of the Church to make any meaningful progress on this issue, unlike most civilised nations and their governments.

No comments:

Post a Comment