Other Pages

Tuesday 9 August 2022

A club?

Nothing really new today as I suppose this is one of the bees in my bonnet.

Church services these days - in some places - seem to be little more than House Groups taking place in a church building. There are places where the services are led entirely by the priest or priests in charge (with members of the congregation reading or doing the intercessions) but I have attended services where there is a great deal of chatter during the service which is actually encouraged by the priest. I leave feeling that I have not participated in an act of worship.

I have recently found a church which does have all the elements and style which I like and which is also in dire need of an organist. They said they felt I could help them but they have not got back to me!

Disappointing.

No comments:

Post a Comment