Other Pages

Wednesday 13 July 2022

Do not worry about tomorrow - really?

Matthew 6:34 is “Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.” [part of the Sermon on the Mount]

There are far too many people who take this as their modus operandi  - even people who do not read the Bible. I like to plan ahead and be ready although it took me many years to realise that I cannot plan for every single eventuality.

I am thinking of those people who do not do their work in advance; who fly by the seat of their pants. This is particularly people who are in charge and who delegate. I worked with a collegaue at school who set deadline for reports to be handed in to form teachers: he seldom stuck to his own deadlines.

I know of someone who does not work out music lesson timetables more than a week in advance - if that - whereas I always did them for a term, even if I had to tweak them later.

I have been asked to play "The Radezky March" as the exit music for a wedding with only a month to go. I still have not heard about the entrance music.

OK so don't worry about tomorrow but DO think what is coming up so other people can plan their lives and manage their time.

No comments:

Post a Comment