Other Pages

Monday 4 July 2022

Toning down my criticism

I have just spent several minutes looking back at old posts and removing what I feel are harsh criticisms. I have always tried not to identify individuals and churches but it seems to me that there is probably enough information on this blog for someone clever to work out which places are being referred to.

How would I like it if someone started a blog commenting on me? Not at all.

The intention of this blog is to mention aspects of (my) church life which make me raise an eyebrow, have upset me, annoyed me or which I would eradicate if - as Harry Secombe sang - "I ruled the world".

We live in a changing world and the style of church-going I experienced in my youth is, perhaps, on the wane as is church-going in general. I am not saying that I found church wildly invigorating in the past but I do feel people 'play' at churches a bit these days.

Do write a comment if I overstep the mark on any occasion.

No comments:

Post a Comment