Other Pages

Friday 4 March 2022

WhatsApp

One good thing about church in the 21st century is that communication seems better. We have a music WhatsApp group to which we have just invited the vicar. Thus, yesterday's problems with a hymn are now sorted and it has been replaced.

As I had guessed, it was not well-known and the choir cannot get together to rehearse. Added to that, numbers short for Sunday. All in all I am glad I did not spend time sorting the hymn out although I may need to do so moving forward, ready for when we do have it.

Later Edit

I spoke (wrote) too soon. Communication has not worked!

Some weeks ago I was booked to play for a wedding in early April. Today, I happened to WhatsApp the vicar for details of the music. The reply was, "Oh I've booked somebody else because I didn't think you wanted to do it". I had confirmed by email and told her what my fee would be as she had no idea.

I feel dejected having planned my holiday to make myself available for the wedding.

No comments:

Post a Comment