Other Pages

Monday 28 March 2022

Church building updates 2

[Continuing from yesterday]

What I have noticed in some churches is the use of data projectors which, of course requires the installation of a huge white screen. At one church in Warwickshire they have not included a white screen but there are huge monitors at intervals fixed to the pillars of the nave.

I know that some churches do not use hymn books and have the hymn words projected. As a cynic I think this is to allow members of the congregation to raise their hands whilst singing as if to say, "Look, I know the words off by heart".

These data projectors also allow the service leader to show videos and the use of media is increasing in non-conformist (and evangelical) churches as well as C of E places.

This, to me, all seems part of a move to make going to church seem like being at the cinema or even at home (now that people have large home entertainment systems)

Ah, progress.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment