Other Pages

Monday 23 May 2022

Clothing

On the one hand I would never turn up to a church service wearing jeans, especially if I expected to be part of the service - such as a parent or Godparent at a Christening & Baptism (see below). On the other I do believe that God does not care what we wear and is more concerned with what is on the inside.

Clothing traditions in church are 'thought up' by society. I was told a man should never wear a hat in church so I never did until I lost my hair. Now, if I go to play in a cold church (not for a service) I wear a hat. If nobody sees it is between me and God: the sky isn't going to fall in.

A Christening is not the same as a Baptism. The former is when a baby, child or adult is annointed with the oil of Chrism.

Baptism is the act of sploshing water over the baby, child or adult's head three times whilst saying "I baptise you in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost".

No comments:

Post a Comment