Other Pages

Friday 20 May 2022

Commandment number 3

There are some amusing videos about which I first saw on Facebook. A guy pretends to be a bush and then he suddenly moves as people approach. See the example below. It is revealing of 21st century life and attitudes that the reaction of so many thus shocked is to utter a profanity.

Society is increasingly secular. I remember that my aunt hated anyone calling another person a fool and would mention the danger of hell fire as in Matthew 5:22. How she would react to the kind of language so many people these days I do not know (well, I guess I do!). With the 'F' word so common on TV it is hardly surprising that standards have dropped.

Years ago I suppose the church acted as an influencer as regards acceptable public speaking but, these days, I never hear any church members registering dismay at the words and phrases which are now in common use. The first reaction on the video is typical, others blurt out OMG. If you explore his channel you will note many similar reactions.

No comments:

Post a Comment