Other Pages

Friday 27 May 2022

Ringing is suspended

I have decided to cut right back on my bellringing, for now. I started in 1973 so I suppose I may do a little to 'celebrate' 50 years, next year. Henceforth I shall ring once a month with a group which does outings.

I have had other breaks in the past. I had some arm problems in the 1970s and RSI in the 1980s. I didn't ring at university at all (1977-1980) although I did on my PGCE course (1981).

Once I started work I went out to get myself away from the flat when I lived alone. From 2005-2021 I didn't go ringing much as working in boarding school leaves one pretty exhausted in the evenings and there are duties to do some evenings.

The final straw came last week when I left the ringing room suddenly. I've been reflecting on this. IT was caused by frustration but not necessarily with the other ringers. It was just the realisation that I am wasting my time as I've been 'stagnant' for so long.

There isn't any point in learning harder methods because, well, who would I ring them with? The reason I do not ring London is because it isn't rung around here so there is no point in learning it.

I am not ringing for the Queen's Jubilee.

No comments:

Post a Comment