Other Pages

Sunday 3 April 2022

Church Floodlighting

I said (yesterday) that I would blog about this and it ties in with other posts.

I attended a cafe service today (the 2nd of 2!) at which the leader again asked for feedback on the local Eco project. They are collecting old spectacles, plastic and doing other environmentally good things. They do not (as far as I know) have church floodlights - I will need to check.

It is a fact, however, that many churches allow people to sponsor floodlighting. Google 'sponsor church floolighting' and you will get hits. I found THIS and THIS.

I really object to churches being floodlit as this contributes to light pollution and it costs money. Yes, I know that the church does not pay, as the cost falls to the sponsor, but I find it totally unnecessary.

I may well join the International Dark Sky Association and do some research for them.

So, on the one hand the C of E is trying to be Eco-friendly and on the other it is burning fuel to light up buildings.

Confused? I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment