Other Pages

Saturday 2 April 2022

Yesterday - April 1st

My post yesterday about Organ Blowing caught out a few people although most realised it was a prank. I received the advice to phone the Bishop, or just resign. The point was made that what I had written was so plausible, these days, that those 'fooled' had thought it true. Add to that the fact that I generally do not go in for April Fool jokes. Had I tried to tell somebody those 'facts' face to face or over the phone I would have corpsed.

What I also did yesterday was to ring for a wedding. Who gets married on April 1st? My wedding was on April 2nd, 39 years ago because we avoided 1st: in the end the joke was on me but that's another story.

The photo below is the inspitation for this post. It is typical of the wiring found in many churches. Some places have been rewired but it seems the thing to do is to leave old distribution boards in situ, although I think these are all in service. This is another church feature which ordinary visitors do not often see.

Things which need power are

  • Lights
  • Organ
  • Heating (radiant or the boiler pump)
  • Sockets
  • Alarms (if fitted)
  • Data projectors (see a previous post)
  • Floodlighting (the subject of a future post!)
  • Clock winding motor (if fitted)

Any other ideas? Please comment if you think of any.



No comments:

Post a Comment