Other Pages

Thursday 28 April 2022

Things in churches

On my recent travels I have found wooden boxes for donations in two churches. Not only have these not been locked but they were not even attached to anything. The thinking here is that if unlocked they will not be broken into with brute force. If not attached to the wall the church fabric will not be damaged. Better to lose the cash in the box than have something more unsightly happen. This does not make it a very attractive proposition for would be givers. I did leave a donation in one box as I had collected the church key from a nearby farmhouse. I didn't put anything in the other box.


I also found a Visitors' Book; they are very common. They are also a form of history as some go back a long way - this one to 1963. I was last at this church in 1977 but I don't think I signed the book (I didn't check)




No comments:

Post a Comment