Other Pages

Sunday 10 April 2022

My tasks today

My short holiday last week was refreshing but, while I was away, I had a text to ask if I would fill in for a complete run of "The Gondoliers" (piano only) for a mate. So yesterday I collected the score and watched a video to help me prepare for today. It took much of the afternoon to work out Act 1 and I spent a further hour on Act 2.

I am somewhat tired today but the service I am playing for this morning is not until 1100 and consists of 3 hymns. Still I have to get dressed, drive there, play, drive home, grab a quick lunch and set off.

I suppose many people would pray that this afternoon goes OK. I don't believe God intervenes like that so I just hope that I don't make a complete idiot of myself: God cannot help with that. He gave me a certain amount of talent and I have lots of experience, but I know I have plenty of limitations.

A short post then, today. And I am not sure what I shall blog about tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment