Other Pages

Friday 29 April 2022

Congratulations

I have visited all sorts of churches over the last 60 odd years. There is only one church which find unattractive and almost ugly inside. Obviously I shall not name it and I do not generally name specific places on this blog.

I will make an exception today because I really did like the way the reordering has been done at Thrapston.

The interior looks splendid and the way the furniture has been selected fits well with the building whilst providing the necessary comfort. There is a spanking new kitchen/servery area at the back on the West side and the stairs up to the balcony and ringing chamber have been carpeted (I think they were on my previous visit) and new banisters installed in well-chosen wood (oak I think).

It may be that the style of worship would not suit me but I fully support all that has been done and the way the layout opens up the nave and makes the worship space fully functional. Although I suspect it is not much used, they have retained the pipe organ which did surprise me a little.

Well done St James, Thrapston!

No comments:

Post a Comment